Sacred Heart Matric. Hr. Sec. School was established on 9th September 1909 in accordance with the ideals of Nano Nagle. In 1910, the school received recognition as a Middle School under the European Code to work under the Madras Education Rules as an Indian School with 137 children on the roll. From an S.S.L.C School, the Sacred Heart School became a Private Matriculation School, affiliated to the University of Madras in the year 1952. The first batch wrote the Matriculation Examination conducted by the Madras University in 1954.It is interesting to note that the policy and aims of the Sacred Heart School have undergone a metamorphosis since its founding. It originally catered to the elite of Madras and aimed at the acquisition of behavioristic ideals to conform to a genteel society.